How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Boost Your Self Confidence
Cosmetic dentistry refers to procedures and treatments that improve the appearance of your teeth. Patients who are dissatisfied with their smiles can seek cosmetic dentistry to make the necessary changes that will achieve their desired look.
While it's what’s on the inside that counts, cosmetic dentistry can boost your self confidence in ways that can make positive changes in your life. Here’s how.
A Confident Smile Makes a Good First Impression
When you meet someone new, either socially or professionally, your smile is the first thing they see. If you feel confident, you are more likely to smile in a way that exudes that confidence. This is an attractive quality to others, making you seem more warm and welcoming. Confidence can help you make new friends and possibly romantic connections.
Confidence Can Help You Advance Your Career
Whatever career field you are in or would like to be in, confidence can help you achieve your goals. When it comes to careers where physical appearance matters, such as modeling or performing, you may need a flawless smile. Even if your career doesn’t rely on your appearance, it is still important to look professional. And the confidence that comes from a beautiful smile can help you advance to the position you want.
Capture Memories That You’ll Want to Last Forever
Photographs are one of the best ways to record memories. But if you’re not happy with your smile, you may not enjoy looking back at pictures of the past. Cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile so that you love the way you look in pictures. Photos are moments frozen in time from everyday activities to special events.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures and Treatments
The following cosmetic dentistry services can enhance or transform your smile:
- Teeth whitening treatment. Professional teeth whitening treatment provides dramatic results in as little as one application.
- Veneers. Conceal imperfections with veneers, thin porcelain shells that attach to the front side of your teeth.
- Invisalign. Straighten your teeth with Invisalign clear aligners, a discreet and comfortable orthodontic treatment.
- Dental crowns and bridges. Restore damaged teeth with crowns placed over the teeth or bridges to replace missing teeth.
- Gum contouring. Get a more natural smile with gum contouring to reshape and remove excess gum tissue.
- Smile makeover. A combination of cosmetic dentistry procedures can completely transform your smile.
- Full mouth reconstruction. When there is extensive damage to the teeth, full mouth reconstruction can restore and replace teeth to achieve a natural looking and functioning smile.
Start Your Smile Transformation Journey Today
If you want an improved smile you can feel confident about, Skoulas DDS provides a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services to help you achieve your smile goals. Your journey begins with a consultation to create a plan that will give you the smile you want to see when you look in the mirror and see yourself in pictures.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry
Are whitening treatments safe for my teeth?
Professional teeth whitening treatments contain an active ingredient that is gentle, but effective. It won’t damage your tooth enamel or cause sensitivity. Your gums are protected to prevent irritation and the amount of whitening agent applied is carefully controlled by your dentist.
Is cosmetic dentistry worth it?
Cosmetic dentistry is not typically covered by dental insurance, meaning the cost will be out of pocket in most cases. But the confidence you will gain is priceless. Financing options are available to make the cost more affordable so that you can achieve your smile goals.